Fiancee Visa Cover Letter Samples
|I-129F Cover Letter
United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
[ADDRESS OF YOUR SERVICE CENTER]
Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION
To Whom It May Concern:
Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancé[e] Visa for [BENEFICIARY NAME], and supporting documents.
- Payment in the amount of $ [PUT IN CORRECT FEE].
- I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person
- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)
- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)
- Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)
- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)
- Proof of having met in person in the past two years
- Proof of ongoing relationship
Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.
Doing it Yourself? Avoid novice errors. Read Fiancee Visa Secrets.
When I help prepare a Fiancee Visa K1 petition, usually the final package contains about 100 to 150 pages. We devote at least half of the tabbed sections, and half of the pages to answering the "is this genuine?" question. The answer starts with a two page letter that describes the relationship, its history, present and future. I help my client write his letter. We try to cover the following points:
Describe the history of your relationship.
include, details of the courtship? Frequency of contact etc.
How did you come into first contact with your fiancée?
Describe the nature of relationship?
Why did you choose your fiancée?
What features, attributes do you find most attractive?
What are your plans for the future with your fiancee?
What are your plans for the wedding ceremony?
What are plans for honeymoon?
What are your plans for establishing a household?
Where do you plan to live after marriage? – what kind of house, where, buy rent location and so on.
What do you expect to happen within a year of marriage?
What do you expect to happen after 5 years of marriage?
After marriage, do you have plans about work for your spouse?
Are you planning a family?
Plans for vacations together?
Plans for social, hobbies, educational interests?
Then in addition to this letter, I have my clients provide supporting documents, such as:
Photos of the couple together
Passport Visa Stamps
Copies of Emails/Letters/IM's
Engagement Ring Receipt
The objective is to fully dispel any doubt that the reviewer may have that the relationship is genuine. Once convinced that the relationship is real, the petition should move along smoothly.
I help you to successfully apply for a Fiance Visa see Fiance Visa Services -
The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancee of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. The following is required:
* A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.
* Birth certificate
* Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner
* Police certificate from all places lived since age 16
* Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
* Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support may be requested.)
* Two Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (A Form DS-156, prepared in duplicate.)
* One Nonimmigrant fiancee Visa Application, Form DS-156K
* Two nonimmigrant visa photos (each two inches 50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)
* Evidence of a fiancee relationship
* Payment of fees, as explained below.
Expert Tip # 11
Do send in all forms. When in doubt submit it. Each consulate has their own procedures and practices. If you have a form and you are not sure that it is needed, fill it out and send it in anyway. If it is not needed they will discard it. But if it is needed the process will not be delayed.
More Expert Fiancee Visa Tips